Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Potty Training...O'Connell Boy Style

Just jotting this down...just in case J, L or N has a boy one day and that cute little boy gives them the same problems mine gave me. Peeing...no problem. They all were peeing like champs by 3 years old. They love to pee and especially love to pee outdoors. Maybe its my fault but it was so easy to potty train during the summer when they were outside and only had a bathing suit on or naked (yes, you adore being naked) in the pool. Just last week we were at Grammy and Papa's and we couldn't find you until we looked out the door and saw three naked bums lined up with pants down...peeing in the drive way. Now I'm trying to drill it into L & N's heads that they CAN'T pee outside when school starts.

As for #2...haha...Jared was over 4.5 when he finally stopped hiding and started going on the toilet. The only way I got him to go was when he did go in his pants...I made him clean himself up. What a mean mother I am. Nolan...you are amazing at this and love going on the toilet. Yeah Nolie Pie!!! As for Liam...you are like clock work. I put a pull up on you every day at nap/noon and every day you go in your pants and ask me to come change you. Since I know you know when you are going - I put an end to it yesterday. You were cracking me up!!! I told you htere were no more diapers in the house at naptime and you said "mommy, I think we have just one more & why don't you go get some at the store" Haha!! I stood in the hall way and you kept asking for one. Finally...you started shaking the door like you were crazy person...then when I walk in I find you rummaging through your closet - desperate to find a diaper. I plopped you down on the toilet and you finally went....hoping this is it for diapers!!!

No comments: