Friday, December 28, 2007

Old Pregnancy Journal.........

11/19/2007 8:39:00 AM :: Updates as of Nov 07
Loved
It's been a while. Life has been very busy with my three beautiful boys but just wanted to add a quick entry. Jared - Your 2nd birthday party was so fun!! We were hoping to walk down to pumpkins in the park but we were rained out for the 2nd year in a row!! Didn't matter though, still had so much fun. You are chatting more and more every day. You crack us up though - you still talk gibberish but real words and phrases always thrown in. You love your brothers -- I love at night when I put them down, you climb up on their crib railings and say "night night baby". I just melt. Liam - you are so active and always so awake!! If I put you and Nolan down for a nap, you're the first to wake up - you don't want to miss a thing. You are standing up and love it (with the help of mommy & daddy of course). Always smiling!! Nolan - You are becoming so vocal. You just started saying Dadada - and you blow rasberries all the time. You're such a snuggly little man and love to be cuddled. My softy.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
8/22/2007 4:33:00 AM :: Update on the boys:)
I had been concerned for a while about Jared not talking (still wasn't saying mommy by 18 months) but the Pediatrician kept assuring me that he would have a language explosion! Sure enough, we can't shut you up little Jared:) You're still talking a lot of gibberish which I love by the way & you also talk with your hands, you're VERY annimated!!! You have however started saying "Mommy" which is music to my ears, you say "Car" and "Shoe" whenever possible when you see them. They are your favorite words. For some reason you are obessessed with FEET. Not sure why but it's hystericial. You eye peoples feet from a mile away and have been loving summer because of sandals. Liam and Nolan, YIPPEEE - you are finally sleeping through the night. Such wonderful news. For about a month you have been doing it but now you are doing it every night. You are smiling a ton which I just can't get enough of. Liam started giving us his sweet smile and talking to us first but Nolan, your smile is SO big. You two grinning up at me is the best sight ever. I could just eat you up. Jared is loving you two so much. He loves to snuggle you and try feeding your bottles. XOXO - Mommy
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/26/2007 5:32:00 PM :: Liam & Nolan have arrived!!!
My precious precious baby boys are here!!! We are beyond thrilled, they are beyond perfect in every single way & labor went great, well at least at the start. It all started bright and early when we got to the hospital at 7AM. It was so different this time than w/ Jared because we knew leaving the house that morning that you would be here! We got all settled in w/ our nurse Pat and MALE nurse intern Stew. The nurse asked right when I walked in if I minded having Stew sit and and I said "sure, why not". I didn't mind at all but all the nurses kept saying to me that no one ever let's the male interns sit in, oh well:) I was started on Pitocin first thing in the morning. It was a pretty uneventful labor until around 1:30PMish. The nurses started to put the oxygen mask on and more and more doctors started coming in the room, there were 3 in at one point. The babies were both head down that morning so I was very hopeful for a vaginal birth. Things started to get crazy though when Liam's heart rate started to going down. They wheeled me down from labor and delivery to the operating room for a c-section. It was pretty scary going down the hall, they first told Jon to stay out of the room for a moment. Then Dr. Konig said it would be fine for him to come in and right when we got in the operating room, Liam's heart rate started to stabalize. Great news...they said start pushing & hoped the c-sec wouldn't be nessicary!!! I couldn't believe that as soon as I started pushing they said our baby would be here soon. After only 15 minutes, out came precious baby Liam!!! It was so amazing, he was so perfect and looked just like his big brother Jared. I didn't have a minute to bask in the glory before it was time to push again for baby B!!:) Another 15 minutes of pushing and out came Nolan. He also looked so much like Jared. I was in a state of shock that they came out so quick and so easily (easy compared to Jared, which was 4 hours of pushing)!!! They both looked great but since they were early they had to be taken up to the Special Care Unit. That was tough because I only got to see them for a brief minute before they left me. Since I was in recovery for a while, Jon was able to go up and see our precious boys. All of the nurses iin the Special Care were amazing. Liam 12 days in Special Care, Nolan was home after a week. It was very hard at first to go home with no babies but looking back, it probably was a good transistion for me to recover, Jared and for Liam and Nolan to start on a schedule. It was very trying going in there every day, we had to drop jared off since he couldn't come with us, then spend time with L&N and then run back and put Jared to bed. I will never forget once Nolan was home I was crying hysterically that we had to leave Liam in there by himself. Jared crawled up on my lap and gave me a big hug and tried giving me his sippy cup. It melted me - he knew something was wrong and was comforting me. Love my boys!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/22/2007 5:51:00 PM :: Ready to go!!
Uncomfortable
OK, I am officially 100% ready to meet my baby boys!! I am very done with being pregnant. As much as I have loved being pregnant, things have been very trying these days (never mind the fact that I have had more appts than I can count - 4 appts this week alone) - I am SO SWOLLEN!! Really, I'll have to take a picture of my feet and ankles especially - they are double in size. I can barely sqeeze shoes on my feet. That aside, I am just really looking forward to seeing your adorable little faces and seeing that you are strong and healthy. On my ultrasound appt on Friday with Dr. Robinson, he informed me that baby B hadn't put on any weight since my last ultrasound. That was scary to hear, he then sent me for a non-stress test to get some more information. As much as I had said that I was ready any day -- I didn't want to hear him say "Lets go get these babies out now"! Thankfully - the test came back strong but he did want to see me on the following Monday and Tues for additional NST's. I'm saying my prayers that all sounds good and we can stick it out till the 36 week mark (right now I'm almost 35 weeks). Love you boys!!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/27/2007 6:21:00 AM :: Jareds Fun new Tricks:)
Jared - you get cuter and cuter by the day. Really, you amaze me everyday. You're always doing something adorabale or just when I stare at those big blue eyes and long eyelashes - I just melt. Your new favorite toy is our swiffer. You go to the closet and cry for it till I pull it out and you just walk around and pretend to mop the floor. You crack me up - you can't get enough of it. You are also starting to sing "EE-I-EE-I-O". So proud of you - your language skills are really coming along:) You also dance all the time - you especially love Johnny Cash. Your moves are hysterical - you crack yourself up too:) I love you so much big boy. Can't wait to see you as the big brother in the family but you will always be my baby boy. XOXO - Mommy
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/26/2007 6:17:00 AM :: OUCH!!!
Babies - I had the most awful night last night. Felt like you were trying to kick your way out of me and I feel like I have dropped (feeling preasure really low). Be nice to momma!!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/23/2007 6:14:00 AM :: 30 Week Ultrasound!
Daddy and I went to the ultrasound together...so glad he was there because it was such great news!! You both are around 4lbs (baby A is just under and baby B is just over). Size wise you look HUGE which is a good thing and the fluid is normal!!! I am loving it - last ultrasound the fluid also looked good so hopefully I can carry you for the full 36 weeks. 36 is the max that Dr. Robinson will let me go. Baby A is head down and baby B is laying vertex across the top of my stomach. When you cuties move - your momma CAN FEEL IT!!! You strech and kick me all the time but I love it. It's the best feeling ever even though sometimes it is a tad painful:) After the ultrasound we drove to Brookline to see this store called the Magic Bean - they sell every stroller imaginable. We found a great double stroller with a toddler attachment...can't wait to take my boys out in it!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/23/2007 11:38:00 AM :: 26 Weeks today - Ultrasound update
26 weeks, yeah!!! The weeks are going by so quick now...!! Saw you cuties pies today, BABY A is head down on the left side of my belly and BABY B is head up on the right side of my belly (sorry babes, still no names for you yet:)...they looked so cute. We got a great pic of A's profile today - can't believe how much you look like your big brother Jared. B - you were facing my back, very active but we couldn't see your face today. The DR looked at you guys today and said "the fluid is so low, but still these babies are doing great despite the low fluid". A is 2.5 lbs and B is 2/7 lbs - getting big!! I asked him if he had any idea if I would need to go very early cause of the fluid and he reassured me that I will know when he is concerned and he isn't yet. When he thinks we need to get you out -- he'll give me a steroid shot to help w/ your lungs if you are early. Can't wait to meet you my loves!!!! Jared can't wait to meet you either - he keeps coming up to my belly, lifting my shirt and pushing in my belly button. Such a great big brother already!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/2/2007 9:07:00 AM :: Ultrasound Update
First off, let me say that my baby boys look great. They are so active and CUTE!! I am not nervous at this point but as we have know for quite some time, since they are identical we face the issue that one twin is getting more fluid thtn the other (B has more fluid than A). Due to this they are monitor me every week with ultrasounds. Dr. R told me today to reduce my work schedule to part time and only work from home. This was unexpected news to be cutting back so early but I'll do anything if it helps! Not that I mind not working as much it was just hard to tell work - they have been great though. I am sticking to dr's orders - eating as MUCH protien as possible, resting when I can and only working 20 hours a week. Baby boys - we are praying that the fluid levels didn't go down at all for next ultrasound. LOVE YOU my precious loves.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
1/25/2007 7:45:00 AM :: Twins Update
My adorable babes are definatley getting big & so am I!! All for a good cause though. The ultrasounds which were every two weeks have now been scheduled to every week. Kind of makes me nervous that they need to monitor that frequently but I'd rather be on the safe side and keep a very close eye on my two little loves. Twin A has slightly less fluid which is where the concern lies. Nothing to be alarmed at now but this could lead to twin to twin transfusion so now they want to see me every week. Dr. Robinson assures me that the levels are still within normal range, just on the lower side.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
12/25/2006 6:10:00 AM :: Jared's 2nd Christmas!
Ecstatic
Jared you had so much fun on Xmas day and on Xmas Eve!! I couldn't believe how well you did with the larger crowds - normally you cling to me for the first 10 minutes or so to warm up but not this weekend - you were running around, having so much fun! We spent Xmas eve at Grammy and Papa's and on Xmas day we went to your great grandparents. We started the morning w/ you opening your gifts. You didn't really get the "opening" part but once you saw your present you would say "ooohhh (that's one of your favorite expressions)". You LOVED the paper - I have a priceless picture of you pulling the trash bag full of wrappings around the kitchen. You loved it!! After that we went to Great Nana and Papa Manfredi's where you were spoiled again and had your first bites of our home made ravioli's *yummy*. Auntie Rhonda made you and David matching pom pom hats. They are priceless - we were all laughing at you guys. You are just too cute!! After we went to Nana and Papa O'Connell's. Again - you had a blast playing w/ all your cousins. You were having a blast playing with your cousin Maura - you couldn't stop staring at her and laughing at her. My sweet boy -- I can't even imagine next year at this time when we have your two new brothers here. I hope it's not too much of an adjustment for you, never forget that you are and always will be our "baby" and we have so much love to share. You boys will be the best of friends & will share a bond like no other.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
12/2/2006 6:14:00 AM :: Cute new tricks Jared is doing!
Happy
You are ALWAYS making us laugh. You RUN around our kitchen, babbling up a storm. I'm still waiting for "mama" to be your favorite word but everything is "dada". You are blowing zerbert, reaching up on all our tables for fun new toys (this is taking mama some getting used to as I have to push everything out of your reach). I had the day off of work the other day and you slept so late that I had to wake you. I went into your room and just sat on your chair while you were lying down. To ease you out of bed I was singing you songs (itsy bitsy spider and twinkle twinkle are some of your favorites). It was the CUTEST ever, after each song I sang you would lift your head up from your cute little sleeping position and clap for me, then rest again till my next song was finished and clap again. You are beyond sweet and I just love you beyond words!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
11/1/2006 8:06:00 AM :: Suprise again!!!
Ultrasound day. Since I thought I was only 6 weeks along, I told Jon not to bother coming and I'd call him from the hospital to fill him in. The second they started the ultrasound, I could clear as day see TWO babies up on the screen. I ALMOST FELL OFF THE TABLE, but couldn't get the words out of my mouth because I was in such a state of shock. The tech said, "suprise, you're having twins. She also said, "you're not 6 weeks your 10". Really, OH MY GOSH, what a shocker. First off, we didn't in a million years think that we'd get pregant on our own since I never get my period. Secondly, TWINS. I can't even wrap my mind around it. We are thrilled and couldn't be happier!! Both babies heart beats were 175. Little cuties:)
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
10/31/2006 8:01:00 AM :: Suprise!!!
Called the Dr's office to check to see if they called in my pill pack. To my suprise the nurse said "Cindy, I was just about to call you. Honey - what else could the test be?". I was in complete shock and kept saying, "No, way - no, way, it can't be correct. I don't ovulate on my own"!!!:) Jon hadn't gone to work yet so he was saying, you've got to be kidding me!!. Since I was conviced they had the wrong test I went in for a retake. Confirmed later that day that I was in fact pregnant!! My pregnancy levels were at 28,000. The last time I had Jared's levels checked they were only at 3000ish so they were guessing I was about 6 weeks along. I had to go in the next day to see how far along I was since they couldn't base it on my period!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
10/26/2006 7:57:00 AM :: Thought I was going back on the pill:)
Went in for the routine pregnancy test my dr's office gives before putting you back on the birth control pill.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
9/12/2006 5:34:00 AM :: Real Food!
I haven't had to buy anymore baby food as you are now completely on table food! Here's a typical Day Breakfast: Waffles and Fruit Lunch: Grilled Cheese and Fruit Dinner: Veggies & Chicken Bottles: You still have 2-3, 6oz bottles a day. You love your bubbas (you crack me up, you still rub your hair when I'm feeding you, you DO NOT remove you hands from your head the whole time.) You will miss them we we move to milk at your 1st Bday.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
8/30/2006 11:01:00 AM :: Big Baby!!
Baby Jared - You are getting to be a such a big baby boy!! Can't believe all the fun new things you are doing. You are cruising all over the place!! The other nigth I was putting away dishes, I turned my back for a moment and when I turned backy you were standing on the door of the dishwasher holding onto the top rack. Crazy boy!! You have 4 teeth coming in up top!! You keep popping your tongue in and out of your mouth, I think you really like your new pearly whites. We just got back from a weeks vacation down in Falmouth with Allie & Joe and Maureen, Mark, Jack and CJ. We had such a great time - you loved hanging out with everyone and the beach was your favorite. You are quite the digger and the water was nice and warm at Old Silver - we spent so much time in the ocean. Every morning you were up at 4:30 AM!!! You'd pop your head out of the pack and play to see what was going on. Not great for mom and dad but you were very excited to start your day. We love you so much!! Can't believe you will be a year old so very soon. XOXOXO
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
8/11/2006 6:12:00 PM :: Jared 9 Months (a nine mt update - a little late)
My baby Jared is getting to be such a big boy!! Every day, you are doing something new that completely amazes me, makes me proud, makes me laugh. You are cruizing around the floor so fast and walking around holding onto all the furniture!! You are so brave, you even let go and stand on your one for a few seconds before falling to the ground on your bum. You're so strong though. Daddy & I can't believe your little muscles already. You love your farm animal toy and all your stuffed animals. Dancing is also your favorite thing to do while sitting down. You're always bobbing your head back and forth to the beat of any songs and jump up and down while kneeling. Eating is also your favorite new activity. You're eating peas, apples, bananas, crackers, cookies, veggie puffs. You can't get enough of stuffing your face w/ those cute little pudgy hands. You really are an amazing baby - we are beyond blessed. Nothing makes me happier than seeing your two tooth smiling grinning up at me. Love you to bits and pieces!! XOXO - Mommy
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
8/4/2006 12:52:00 PM :: 9 Month Appt
W: 20lb 13oz L: 28''
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
6/20/2006 5:18:00 AM :: 7 1/2 Month Update:)
What my little Jared's been up to at 7 1/2 months!! First time swimming - Auntie Maureen & Uncle Mark's pool on 6/18 (father's day). You let mommy hold you but you weren't too crazy about the chilly water. You love the tub so I'm sure once you figure out you can splash in the pool, you'll have a blast. Scooting around on the floor! - You have been crawling backwarks for over a month but you're starting to make movements forward. Such a big boy!! 2 Bottom Teeth - Your smile is too precious!! Nothing makes me happier than seeing your big smile & laugh w/ those two little teeth poking through 3 Meals a day (w/ 4 bottles still) - what an eater you are! Snuggle Time - You're normally up around 5AM and you don't want to settle in your bed. We bring you in our bed to snuggle for another hour or 2 between us. Love my time to watch you sleep if I can't get back to bed.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/21/2006 7:20:00 AM :: Scary Night!
Jared - I have never been so sick to my stomach as I was last night at 2AM when you woke up. I just sent this email out to everyone I know who has/knows a baby. Hi All - Just want to share our experience last night and send a warning about crib bumpers. Jared has always been a very sound sleeper and has never moved around at all when he slept. I had heard you were supposed to take bumpers out but never though in a million years that there would be an issue with them! We heard him fussing in the middle of the night and thank God Jon went to check on him (sometimes he does fuss for a moment but then settles himself and goes back to bed). When Jon went into the nursery Jared was up by the head of the crib, face under the crib bumper. Never in my life have has my heart sank like it did when Jon came back into our bedroom and said "Cin, he was stuck under the bumper and gasped for breathe when I pulled him out". Jared now has the most boring crib ever (I have taken bumpers & mobile out, now that I am beyond paranoid) but he is fine. Just a warning - at least when babies get old enough to start moving around - take the bumper out!! Cindy ...I love you so much and can't thank God enough that you are safe. That was too scary for works my sweet boy.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/14/2006 5:17:00 AM :: First Tooth!
Baby boy, you have officially cut your first tooth!!! You have been drooling up a storm and putting anything and everything into your mouth that you could get your hands on lately. I knew it would be popping through soon but I didn't even see it first. You and I went for a walk at lunch the other day and stopped at Grammy's office. She felt it, sure enough - you now have a baby tooth poking though. Thankfully - it hasn't bothered you, you are still your happy Jared self:) You were making us laugh the other night. We all went for a walk and I had you in the baby bjorn carrier & you were loving it so much (you always like it) this particular night. You were chatting up a storm. You are so cute. Last night after daddy fed you, you just fell asleep in his arms. You are getting so big but you still look so tiny when he holds you. We were just staring at you as you slept -- saying how beautiful you are. You really are, your long eyelashes, big big blue eyes, rosey cheeks, perfect complextion. You are one handsome little guy.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/5/2006 9:58:00 AM :: Jared Update
Jared has been eating cereal, oatmeal, applesauce, bananas & squash for a couple weeks now. He LOVES to eat -- the first few bites were priceless, he didn't know what to do with himself!! Too funny. This past weekend, you finally rolled over. Big boy!! It didn't seem to phase you though, we were excited though:) You really love Marley now - you love to look at him and touch his fur. Mommy & daddy are having such fun with you. You are so strong and sturdy that we can hug you and sqeeze you and don't feel like we're going to break you. Such the fun little boy...I love your laugh so much. It's my favorite sound:)
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/10/2006 6:19:00 AM :: Jared's appt
You had your 4 month check up yesterday (on mommy's 29th birthday - how exciting!). You are 26 1/2 inches long which in the 90 %ile and wiegh 16 lbs which is in the 80th. Big boy!! I can't believe how big you are compared to when you were first born and were so teeny tiny. I must say, yesterday was one of our toughest days, I felt so bad for you!! You had your shots at 2pm and you cried SO hard, such sad tears it was awful. You cried on and off all night long - we went to grammy & papa's for dinner. Poor baby, no more shots till your 6th month check up.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/8/2006 5:52:00 AM :: 4 Months!
Jared, you are such an amazing baby boy!! We are so blessed to have you in our lives. You are getting very chatty and a few weeks ago, you really started to find your laugh. I love to hear it. I can always get you to laugh by tickling your belly and your neck. The other day, you were looking at Marley - just laughing away. You melt my heart!! The exesaucer is your favorite toy, you really can entertain your self in it, you love to spin the wheels and listen to the animal sounds. When you get tired, you yell at your toys. It's pretty funny! You are sleeping through the night, better than we could ever have hoped for. I think you'll be like you're daddy that you love your sleep but also like me, always happy and ready to start the day - early, early in the morning.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/17/2006 7:52:00 AM :: Jared Update
Jared, you are SO unbelievably adorable, I just can't get enough of you. Yesteday we had Auntie Heather and Katie over. You smiled so big when we stood Katie up next to you. You guys had lots of fun and I'm sure will be great friends! You have also started laughing, for some reason you think it so funny when I sing "La, la la la" to you. You shrug your shoulders up and down and giggle and coo. You are just too precious. I love you more than I could ever describe!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/2/2006 4:54:00 PM :: Baby Jared - 3 Months
My darling boy, I can't believe that you are already 3 months old (a little more than that) . You are the love of our lives - we just can't get enough of you. You were 12 and a half pounds at your 3 month check up and are really holding your head up strong. You are so handsome - your eyelashes go on forever and your lips are so perfec
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
10/29/2005 6:01:00 AM :: Jared Josheph's Birth Story!
Teary
For almost all of October 05, I was taking Friday's off since Daddy has every Friday off. I figured I'd give myself some short work weeks where my stomach was getting SO big and sort of uncomforable. It was Friday, 10/28 and daddy and I had planned to spend the day together - just the two of us (and Marley of course). We went out for lunch at Siam Lotus in Norwood, Thai food since I was craving some shrimp rolls. My lunch was OK but not as good as our favorite Thai place the Mint Cafe, wasn't really sure if my lunch that day agreed with me! Later that day - we went for a walk with Marley, took him across the street to the Girl Scout House, behind the house leads to the park and walking trails. There is a small stream back there that isn't all that big but for a LARGE pregnant girl it was. I took a leap and made it over the stream but really came down with a quite a THUD!!! Jon and I laughed at my gracefulness and went on with our walk. I am sure that this walk is what set me into labor:) Later that night, Jon and I took a ride to Home Depot to get a threshold piece - someone was going to be coming on Saturday to finish off our hard wood flooring that still didn't have the threshold. I remember walking around home depot and catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror, I looked huge, my belly looked like it was going to pop at any second (little did I know - it would be very soon)! When we got home I was trying to relax but had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom. When I did go, I noticed my "mucus plug" that I had heard about in all my books and classes in the toilet. I couldn't believe it (I am sure that my jump over the creak made this happen)!!! I knew it meant something but wasn't exaclty sure. I gave my favorite pregnant friend (auntie Heather was three weeks behind me w/ baby Katie) a call since she and I shared everything durnign this time frame - every ache and pain. I had her read to me from our favorite book "What to Expect when you're Expecting" what the heck this meant!!! She said that it was a sign that labor was not far off but it wasn't a definite indicator that it would be RIGHT now, could be days. I will never forget sitting on the couch with Jon and I kept getting up to go the bathroom. I had HORRIBLE pains, I kept having to go to the bathroom!! I felt like absolute shit but was don't think I could comprehend that this could be it. I was thinking it was the bad Thai food. I called Maureen for her thoughts. I had to pass the phone over to Jon mid conversation cause I had to go the bathroom and was throwing up. I thried showering (which felt amazing by the way, except I lied down on the tub floor and could barely get my big self up) - but when I kept throwing up - Maureen advised us to go to the hospital. We called the DR before we left and I told him "I think I'm in labor" so they thought for sure that this wasn't going to be it for me. I laid down in front seat - the whole way to the Hospital. Daddy did such a good job packing up the car and getting me ready. Getting in the car was a blur to me!! I remember Jon getting me out of his car (blue BMW, I'll never forget that car, the car we took you home in) and getting me into a wheel chair. I felt like such shit, I had my head in my hands and I just couldn't wait to get upstairs and in a bed. When the nurse checked me, I was almost 5 centimeters dialated at midnight. Wow!!! I was halfway there and to think a couple hours before, I didn't even know if I was in labor. The rest of the night was amazing, once I had my epidural -- I was in heaven!! I had the epidural by 1am and Jon and I got to sleep for the rest of the labor. I will never forget them waking me up at 8 am and telling me it was time to push. What a relaxing, restful start to the labor!! This is when my work began!!! They figured you'd by out within the hour, as the DR came down and said that you were in position, head down even though the nurse didn't think you were head down. I kept pushing and pushing - the nurses are really the ones who know whats going on since the dr wasn't there for any of my laboring. Finally - after 4 hours of pushing they had the DR come back down. He said he was face down but Jared's head was looking to the side which was making it almost impossible for him to move down the birth canal on his own. I could have killed the DR since the nurse knew all along that something was out of position. After 4 hours they said that I was going to need a c-section. I was so disappointed that they were finding this out now, after all that work. Not that I would have minded having a section but where I had pushed for so long - I just wanted this all to happen without surgery. Dr. Aaron first said that he was going to give me an episiotomy and if that didn't work along with the vaccum they were going to take me right in for a section. They called in the neonatal team too because the cord was wrapped around the neck and they noticed some maconiam. Very scary, but they assured me you were fine. On my final push before they were going to wheel me in for a c-section(I pushed harder than I could even imagine), you were on your way!!! I will never ever forget daddy telling me "you're doing it, I can see the baby"!!! I was amazed, after 9 months of dreaming about you and wondering about who this little baby was - I was going to meet you!!! I had always invisioned the DR calling out it's a boy or it's a girl and that is the reason I never wanted to find out the sex. What could be better than that surprise after all the work of labor. It was like Christmas ten times over!! They called out "It's a boy" and I saw your little baby face -- the most beautiful face and baby I had ever seen in my entire life. Part Jon & Part me, it's still a miricle to me. I cried harder than I ever had in my life and they were tears of pure joy and pure excitement for this moment and this start of our very own family. They took you away and I couldn't see you for a while. Jon kept telling me he was so cute and I couldnt' wait to hold you. After about 15 minutes, I finally got to hold you. Amazing!!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
9/11/2005 5:34:00 AM :: Shower
Excited
Today was my baby shower which was so much fun! My mom and Martha put it together - they had it at Raffael's in Walpole and did such a wonderful job. I can't even believe how generous everyone was - Baby O got almost everything off of the registry + so much more. So many adorable clothes and adorable blankets (lots of homemade ones which I just love). Mom got me the wonderful Britex carseat and a gorgous black Coach diaper bag!! Love it!!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
7/11/2005 5:58:00 AM :: Dr. Aron Appt
Quick appt today with Dr. Aron (Dr. Konig is on vacation)! He did really put my mind about the choriod plexus cyst though. I asked about when I could go for the follow up ultrasound and he said he's not sure why they even track this anymore - "it means nothing" in his words. I do feel fine about this but still, can't wait to see this little baby!! Next big appt is on 8/8. I got my registration packet for the hospital today. That really made this pregnancy feel VERY REAL! Still feeling great;)
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
7/11/2005 5:58:00 AM :: Saw Baby O Moving around!!
Excited
Tonight Jon and I both saw baby O moving all around!! For the first time, not only could I feel the baby but I could see it too. So wild!! It was really so exciting - I was lying on the couch with my shirt up cause I could feel it so much. I love you baby!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
6/26/2005 5:38:00 AM :: 6/26/05
Jon and I tried to make it to the beach today. Not a good start to a morning, Jon got a flat tire so we turned around and went home. We ended up going to Mark and Maureen's to go swimming. The pool felt great, considering it has been 90+ for the last couple days!! I told Jack that I was putting sun screen on my belly so that the baby wouldn't get a sun burn. He is too funny, he told me that he was putting sun screen on his belly too so his puppy wouldn't get a burn. Such a crack up, he makes me laugh so hard! Had insomnia last night - slept in the baby's room last night cause I was keeping Jon up all night. I way over slept this morning. Hopefully this isn't going to be a regular thing, I need sleep!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
6/14/2005 1:03:00 PM :: Dr Appt
Optimistic
Had my 20 week appointment today. Dr. Konig mentioned that everything looked great, baby O is actually 3 days ahead of schedule. She did mention one scary finding on the ultrasound though which is referred to as a "choroid plexus cyst." This is a cyst on the right side of the brain. It does sound awful and is a bit scary but Konig assured me that this is actually quite normal. If Baby also had a cyst on the neck, clenched fists, and feet that were turned in - they would be very concered. Where it is only in this one spot, this should not be a concern at all and should disappear by the 3rd trimester. We'll have another ultrasound at that time to ensure that is gone. * I love you Baby O and pray that you are well in mommy's tummy.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
6/3/2005 12:33:00 PM :: 18 Week Ultrasound
This morning was so much fun! Daddy and I got to the hospital nice and early -- first ones there for an ultrasound! We saw your heart chambers, your little fingers and toes and your adorable little profile. I wonder who you will look like? Can't wait to meet my baby love!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
6/1/2005 12:24:00 PM :: Baby O's First Plane Ride
I flew to TX today for work. At the end of the flight, we had a bit of turbulance which you seemed to love. After each bumb would settle, you would wiggle around. I just sat there so still so I wouldn't miss a beat. I think had fun on your first plane trip w/ mommy.:)!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
5/17/2005 7:44:00 AM :: Appt...
Have an appt with Dr. Konig today. Can't wait to hear how my litte baby is doing! Daddy had a dream about you last night. He dreamt that you were a baby boy and of course just so very tiny an cute. I think he's right - I also have a boy feeling. I am loving everthing about pregnancy. It's just so amazing to see my belly grow and to know that our little baby is inside.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
5/11/2005 5:48:00 AM :: Yikes!
Happy
I'm officially busting out of my clothes. It really happened over night, I woke up and had nothing to wear!! I have summer pants on with not very summery shoes. My darling baby, I look like a goof but I will gladly look like a fashion disaster for you!!:)
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
5/8/2005 8:04:00 AM :: Morther's Day
Loved
My first Mother's Day (or pre-mom day:)! Such a great weekend, we had dinner at Auntie Dona's on Saturday & Sunday had a great brunch w/ all the O'Connells. Jon was so sweet, got me an adorable baby card & wrote the sweetest message inside. He also got me a manicure and pedicure - so spoiled am I. I did tell him pre-mothers day that this was in fact my first real mothers day (hint, hint). Mom and I found the best bargain ever!! A baby glider retailing for $340 that we got for the amazing low price of $99 (chair and ottoman). We even fit in in mom's tiny little Jetta. We were very impressed with ourselves. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing mother to share all of these experiences with. Love you mom!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/19/2005 7:59:00 AM :: 12 Week Appt w/ Konig
Happy
Jon and I went to this appt together. We heard the heartbeat which sounded like music to our ears!! Really such an amazing sound to hear my little babies heart beating away. Told work! Feel like a weight has been lifted, nice to be able to talk out and the open about it. Can't wait to meet you baby O! I wonder if you are a boy or a girl? I WILL wait though (even if the temptation kills me at the next ultrasound!), I have always wanted the suprise of the dr. calling out it's a boy or it's a girl!! Either way - you are going to be the light of our lives.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/11/2005 6:53:00 AM :: Songs on the Radio@!
Hormonal
I have been so emotional lately - especially when I hear certain songs on the radio. I heard What a Wonderful World the other day which killed me. Then I heard Beautiful Boy by Celine Dion, I bawled my eyes out on the way home. It was really such a great song - it made me very excited to meet this little baby boy or girl growing inside me:)
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
4/9/2005 6:51:00 AM :: Jack's Bday Party
Hormonal
We had Jack's 3rd Birthday party today. It was so great to see everyone and the kids had so much fun. I got my first "you look huge" comment! Marks family was congratulating me on the good news. Then Mark's sister in law Nun Gi said "Oh, I noticed you had gained weight but I didn't know you were pregnant"! Wish I could have seen the look on my face...oh well:)!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/30/2005 7:58:00 AM :: 1st Meeting w/ Konig
Dr. Konig seems great. This was a long appointment but I was so excited for it, I was happy to be there for a long time. Had blood work, family history, urine taken. The nurse thought I was crazy when she handed me the cup with three wipes inside. She said to me "wipe it down 3 times" and I asked "wipe the cup down?". I didn't realize she wanted me to wipe myself 3 times. Pretty funny. Konig tried to hear the heartbeat but since I am only 9 weeks, still a little too early. At 12 weeks, we should be able to hear the heart beat. Can't wait!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/24/2005 7:46:00 AM :: 2nd Ultrasound at FCNE
Optimistic
...Great news. Baby O'Connell's heartbeat is strong (158/minute), is 2/3 of an inch long & grew from 2mm to 16.8mm in the last two weeks. What a big little boy or girl. Very cute. Baby's picture already looks like a real baby w/ a perfect little head and arm and leg buds. Can't wait to meet you baby O!! This was my last day at the Fertily Center. I am now onto my real OB. Big day!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/19/2005 6:22:00 AM :: Heather and Joe Birthday Dinner
Ecstatic
Brought Heather over a spider plant and St. Gerard prayer card. She gave me a cute maternity shirt and a card that said "Happy Birthday and Suprise, I'm only a couple weeks behind you."! She's 5 and a 1/2 weeks pregnant which means we're 2 weeks apart. Total unbelievable. What a great night!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/17/2005 5:25:00 AM :: St. Patrick's Day
Made my first corn beef and cabbage meal for Jon. Came out great!! After dinner we asked Maureen if we could come over for a shot. She was looking through my bag for the shots and I showed her the ultrasound. They were very excited and I was so happy to spread the news since she was so great w/ helping give the injections. Very excited!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/16/2005 7:46:00 AM :: 7 Weeks Today
Told Nana and Papa tonight!! They were thrilled. Nana said that she had a gut feeling that we may tell her tonight (she told that to Julie b/f we went over). N&P got me a pizzelle maker for my birthday. Very special because that is my favorite cookie that Nana makes all the time.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/14/2005 5:21:00 AM :: O'Connell's
We told the O'Connell's today at my birthday brunch. Very exciting!!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/10/2005 6:21:00 AM :: Results
Blood Ultrasound - We saw the baby today!! It's the size of a grain of rice. Very tiny but of course so adorable. We saw his/her heartbeat. So happy, it' hard to believe that there's a little baby growing inside me. Really is quite unbelieveable.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/5/2005 8:43:00 AM :: My Birthday Dinner!
Ecstatic
Jon and I decided to tell my family at my birthday dinner. We were going back and forth on how to do it. We were originally going to toast to a new grandbaby/nephew. When my dad asked my to take his and my mom's picture, I changed my mind. I snapped a picture of them as I said "Say cheese, you're going to be grandparents again"!! It was very exciting. All very thrilled w/ th news although I'm not spreading the word w/ the O'Connell's until after Thursday (our ultrasound).
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
3/3/2005 6:21:00 AM :: Level
Levels above 3601
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/28/2005 10:57:00 AM :: Test
I don't have another blood test until Thursday - just bought some home tests to test until then. Still positive as of lunch time today!! Got no sleep last night.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/24/2005 5:01:00 AM :: 2nd Blood Test
levels up to 195. So far, so good! Told Heather the good news.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/22/2005 11:13:00 AM :: Test Day
Excited
Total disbelieve! I found out on 2/22 that I am pregnant. The nurse called me and I was just expecting her to say "you are no pregnant, let's go on to the next cyle". To my complete shock, she told me I was PREGNANGT!! I said "are you sure, I don't think so" and told her that I had already taken a test. She said she thought something was up because I sounded completely calm before she told me. Blood level 98.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/22/2005 5:04:00 AM :: Told Jon!
I went to the store to pick up a home test because I didn't quite believe the nurse. Sure enough - it was a positive. So excited! I was lingering around Jon when he was on the phone. He had no idea what was going on. When he saying I liked to listen in on his conversations:) Then I told him to come into the bathroom so I could show him the test but I was actually talking about our new bathroom. He though I was going to ask him to fix the new light fixture so he wouldn't come. Finally I plopped the test next to him in the kitchen. He couldn't believe it either - very excited!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/20/2005 4:56:00 AM :: Home Test
Took a home pregnancy test on Sunday so that I could prepare myself for the big blood test at the office. It was a negative, as I thought it would be since it was my first time on injectables and I only had one follicle.
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/9/2005 5:06:00 AM :: Last TI
Last TI
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/8/2005 5:06:00 AM :: 2X in one day!
I didn't want to but Jon told me to come home at lunch. Maybe this was the day?!
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
2/7/2005 5:05:00 AM :: Maureen gave trigger shot!
trigger and first TI
Update Delete Send to a friend
Cindy's Journal Entries ( Private )
1/26/2005 5:05:00 AM :: Last Period
Last period.

No comments: