Monday, June 30, 2008
Jared the Fish
A couple weeks ago Jon signed us up for a new gym which the boys can come to as well and they have a great indoor/outdoor pool. I took Jared since our last few times at a pool he has not gone near the water and when he did, he cried and screamed. I wanted to get him used to it so I just the two of us headed out for a swim. When I brought him in all he said was "I want out, I want to go home" and cried and cried and cried. Am I a bad mother?? Everone at the pool probably wanted to kill me but I knew he'd warm up to the idea of it. After about 5 minutes of torture - one little boy swimmed up to us and said "put his hand up to the drain, it really tickles and will make him laugh" Sure enough, Jared loved it and thought it was hysterical. I loved that little boy - what a good idea!!! After our playing with the drain, Jared was all about the pool and didn't want to get out. I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!!! He was jumping off the stairs into my arms, swimming around like a little fish. I can't wait to take him back:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment